- You will be responsible for all the Procurement activities for major existing programmes, building strategic relationships with a diverse range of OEMs and SMEs to ensure a solid and competitive supply chain that delivers value to our existing and new customers.
- You will be required to work closely with the internal project teams, suppliers and partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- We are looking for dynamic person who can build long lasting relationships with customers, partners suppliers and internal teams.
- Experience within Aerospace, Defence or Security sectors would be an advantage
- Good commercial acumen along with excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent People Management skills
- Detailed experience of procurement for services and Supply Chain/Sub-Contract Management
- Within this position you will oversee the Procurement team (4-6 heads) so experienced of providing leadership is required.
- You will have to drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the programme
- Be the sole point of contact for the Directors and suppliers regarding escalated contract and supply chain matters
- Responsible for Resource management of the team
- Co-ordinate and lead the team to deliver sub-contract management activities
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing along with the approval of complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
- Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
- Diagnose solutions for areas of potential risk / opportunity e.g. liability, sub-contract risk, and deliver solutions/mitigations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Deliver against the Business Plan
- Responsible to contribution to successful bids/campaigns and contracts
- Effective resource management
- Deadlines consistently met
- Represent the Procurement team at the monthly Performance Progress Reviews (PPRs)
- Ensure the progression through the Project Life Cycle for the Procurement element
- Look to continually improve the procurement business processes
- Effective contracts/agreements for all sub-contracts within procurement area Intrinsic Factors
- This position is sensitive position due to the tasks involved, you must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and may require access to caveated information such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR export controls.
- The role will require both UK and overseas travel
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office