Key Dimensions: Number of Materials managed: 3-5 Number of sites
supported: All EMEA + Speciality sites Daily collaboration with Market Analyst, Sites
1. To drive cost and performance improvement in Procurement of
Strategic Raw Materials in particular for VAM, VeoVa, Acrylonitrile and Oxo alcohols
2. To manage day-to-day purchases and sales of VAM for Strategic Raw
Materials team in order to leverage styrene position to add value to the
3. To support and monitor distribution of VAM to sites from Suppliers and
VAM storage facilities.
4. To manage VAM contracts and execute spot trading strategy in line
with what is agreed with the Head of Strategic Raw Materials.
5. To determine and implement trading strategies for VAM while following
delegation of authority process.
6. To develop contracting strategies, procurement and planning processes to move
Synthomer to top quartile performance
7. To provide the Head of Strategic Raw Materials with such information as is required
to report on the performance of the Strategic Raw Materials Team
8. Keep abreast of raw materials markets to ensure that informed business decisions
are made by SBUs
9. Development of strategies related to use/purchase of specific raw materials
10. Working closely with technical and operations to implement alternative raw material
11. Effective management of raw material supplier relationships consistent with
company strategy as defined by the Head of Strategic Raw Materials and the
12. Conduct monthly analytics on cost savings and KPIs and estimate the annual spend
for each commodity within his/her responsibility and leverage these analyses in
business planning, strategies and negotiations.
For more information about this role please contact our London office