- Supervise the Material Controller team
- Ensure Health and Safety protocols are adhered to in the department
- Procure and manage material to meet quality, delivery, and inventory targets, using MRP and Lean Pull Systems
- Effectively manage supply programs to achieve required lead times and inventory objectives.
- Own daily working relationships with suppliers, production, customer service and other organizations within the company as needed.
- Evaluate MRP data and place purchase orders for raw material and resale materials. Communicate with suppliers to confirm delivery dates and assist in the resolution of any issues.
- Enter and maintain material master data on assigned part numbers in SAP.
- Management / Supervisory experience in a Purchasing Environment.
- 5 years + buying experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP including data elements to drive MRP. Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships both internally, across all functional organization and externally with suppliers and customer service.
- Experience working with advanced manufacturing techniques: KANBAN, pull systems.
- Knowledge and experience with quality tools such as Lean Six Sigma preferred.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office