- To ensure the provision of proactive & pragmatic Product Assurance engineering resource to project teams to enable successful delivery of projects in accordance with the contractual PA Plan and project requirements.
- Monitoring of non-conformances and supporting work package managers in successful resolution
- Providing pragmatic guidance on processes
- To manage, develop and deploy Product Assurance Engineers, who add tangible value to the business, in supporting successful delivery of projects
- Provide guidance to Bids teams in determining the appropriate level of Product Assurance to be utilised in successful delivery of a prospective mission.
- To provide proactive and pragmatic Product Assurance advice and guidance to the business.
- Manage the Product Assurance team providing pastoral support to Product Assurance Engineers, conduct regular 1 to 1's & annual appraisals and ensure appropriate resource is deployed to projects.
- Develop Product Assurance team, including definition, monitoring and improvement of skill sets and capabilities, individual and team development plans to ensure continued effective delivery of PA
- Support Bid teams in assessment of PA requirements for new work, impacts to the business and associated costs for delivery of PA support for the project.
- Work with Management Systems Manager and Process Owners to help ensure that successful delivery of Product Assurance is a systematic part of the business.
- Chair customer facing Major material review boards, as directed by the Chief Engineer, and facilitate project teams in effective and appropriate resolution of the issues.
- Signatory for Certificates of Conformity Knowledge,
Skills and Experience
- Technical background and a number of years working in an environment in which Product Assurance or Quality Assurance has been a major consideration.
- Experience in space technologies or similar engineering background in product assurance management would be preferable.
- Experience in a project led design and development environment.
- Experience as Product Assurance Manager for mission prime would be an advantage
- A working understanding of some of the following technologies/disciplines would be an advantage;
- Analogue / digital electronics
- RF and / or EMC
- Spacecraft integration / test
- Experience of chairing internal and external facing meetings
- Experience of customer facing or supplier facing reviews
- Experience in managing and developing effective teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to apply a pragmatic approach to Product Assurance to ensure the overall best outcome for the success of the project and mission.
- Possess the necessary drive and energy to facilitate and motivate teams and individuals in effectively & efficiently resolving product assurance and quality issues
- Able to work within a pressurised environment
- Highly organised; good project/time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances
- Good written, interpersonal and customer presentation skills.
- Ability to relate contractual documentation and requirements to what is necessary for a project for successful delivery, support project in ensuring elements necessary for successful delivery of product assurance are in place and effective.
- Understanding of ECSS requirements such that the relevant principles can pragmatically be applied to non ECSS based projects in order to provide effective Product Assurance.
- Capability to understand and differentiate necessary requirements for high reliance and low cost missions in order to apply the appropriate level of product assurance to be cost effective.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office