Product Support/ Test Engineer- Metering
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH116837
Location: England, Kent
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Salary: £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Benefits
Date posted: 06/02/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Spencer Ogden are seeking a Product Support/Test Engineer to join our client based in Kent (UK).
Our client are a global technology and engineering pioneer. They specialize within high accuracy metering used within electrical and gas grid networks. Due to growth and success on several tenders they are seeking a Product Support/Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
As the successful candidate you will work with laboratory technicians to calibrate energy meters as well as power and energy standards and other customer instruments. Coupled with your laboratory work, there is also the opportunity for some travel, as you will be able to complete site visits and carry out on-site calibration to our clients customers such as for power stations.
As the Product Support/ Test Engineer you will:
- Calibrate Energy Meters and Energy Standards in accordance with approved procedures
- Provide technical product support such as being involved in software upgrades
- Review procedures and other internal documents in accordance with internal review program
- Work with the senior technician to maintain monthly checks of laboratory instruments
- Help with the development of new calibration systems for lab and site use
- Work towards being able to perform calibration on site and help with the development of procedures
- Work in other areas of the business not associated with the laboratory to gain knowledge and skills to enable unsupervised work to be undertaken in the products and projects areas of the business as and when required
- Demonstrate or gain practical engineering skills to support the UKAS lab
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally you will have Calibration testing experience
- Great communication skills are essential, coupled with the ability to work as part of a team
- Prior metering background will be an advantage
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office