Production Engineer - Edinburgh - Contract - £30p/hr - 6 Month
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : 93398
Location: Scotland, Edinburgh
Sector: Production, Aerospace
Salary: £30 - £31 per hour + 1.5x overtime
Date posted: 19/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Production Engineer - Edinburgh - Contract - £30p/hr - 6 Months+
I am currently recruiting a Production Engineer with a globally renowned engineering organisation based at their state of the art Edinburgh facility. This position is on a rolling 6 month contract basis.
My client is a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems. We are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment and specialized electronics. In addition, we provide micro-satellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations
* To provide Production Engineering support to all site programs and meet contractual requirements
* Support production orders to delivery product on time and cost through development of tooling and fixtures supporting production operators.
* Support engineering orders to delivery projects on time and cost through development of tooling and fixtures supporting production operators.
* Manage engineering routes and engineering release of production control documentation.
Support product development within engineering providing production engineering expertise to project planning, design considerations and project development.
* Generate assembly procedures meeting product sector requirements.
Support and co-ordinate workload of Production Engineering team (team of 3).
* Support production in Product Test Instrumentation and test set up.
* Assist in Production and Engineering improvement strategies with creative Production Engineering solutions.
* Support Production and Engineering through development of product packaging and labelling, ensuring that designs, BOM's and material is available when required.
* Support product vibration tests.
The successful candidate will be :
* Qualified to HND in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
Extensive experience in Production Engineering, with experience in Space, Defense, and Commercial sectors.
* Knowledge of the following systems:- Epicor, Autosketch, Labview, VibPilot
Experience of vibration testing.
* Experience of jig and fixture design.
* Experience of packing design.
* Experience of assembly methods, testing methods, and control methods used within the Microwave Industry.
* Ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers.
* A comprehensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes used in the electronic or microwave industries.
* Experience of development, supply or manufacturing of microwave components and sub-systems an advantage
* Attention to detail and tenacity to ensure high quality standards.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated work experience in an ISO9001/BS EN9100 environment
Please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office