Production Engineer / Process Engineer
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH121480
Location: England, Bedfordshire, Luton
Sector: Build, Site Agent and Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £30 - £35 per hour
Date posted: 22/02/2018
£30-£35 per hour
The requirement is for a Contract Production Engineer for a period of 6-12 months, reporting to the Engineering Team Leader.
The purpose of the role is to operate in a multi-disciplinary manufacturing environment implementing and assisting with assembly, testing and finishing operations.
The Production Engineer will be responsible for:
- Assist with new equipment installations and commissioning, shop floor layouts, process flows, PUWER98 assessments and all relevant Health and Safety legislation including risk assessments and management of change.
- Prepare CAD drawings for nests and other ancillaries across the range of equipment then put designs out for manufacture and subsequent commissioning.
- Problem solving and production assistance on all assembly and testing equipment.
- Preparation and maintenance of routings in SAP, Standard Operating Sheets, care points and control plans for production operations.
- Management of specific parts through Engineering Change Notification (ECN) database.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of installing and commissioning new equipment.
- Must be hands on, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have experience of Laser Marking equipment.
- Must have experience of Hot Plate Welding processes of polymers.
- Graduate calibre with at least HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must be time served in a mechanical engineering environment.
- Excellent communicator, problem solving techniques, team player and able to use own initiative.
- Must have working knowledge of World Class manufacturing techniques, for example, Six Sigma.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy.
- An ability to determine priorities and deliver results to agreed time plans.
- Knowledge of Branson Hot Plate Welders and Electrox Laser Markers
- Knowledge of assembly and testing of water meters.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics and pressurisation of water.
- Communication skills and a demonstrable ability to work as part of a team planning and executing project programmes.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office