Our client creates highly scalable and rapidly deployable technologies which have a positive effect on humanity. Using highly innovative 3D advanced manufacturing systems that create advanced composites, they reduce the reliance on steel and concrete in the world. Their use of robotic techniques and sophisticated computer systems enable unprecedented high speed mass production of stronger, lighter, smarter industrial scale products.
This is a rare opportunity for a Production Manager to join an emerging Perth-based technology company that is expanding nationally and internationally. This is a highly visible leadership role accountable for all inputs and outputs of the manufacturing facility which is based in Perth.
· Apply lean manufacturing principles to design, specify, and validate world-class manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality and capacity goals
· Maintain compliance with plant safety standards and policies regarding occupational health and safety regulations
· Future thinking approach to determine and implement strategic initiatives that further advance the integration of product and process development
· Builds manufacturing process competencies across the company
· Facilitates and executes production work performance and special projects
· Effective liaison between Design Engineering and Operations teams to produce customised products
· Analyzing current manufacturing problems and identify automation and/or improvement opportunities
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 20 years' experience with applicable industry experience, with a minimum of 10 years Production manager experience.
· Have worked and expanded facilities internationally
· Proven experience in tooling automation lines for production requirements
· Proven experience in dealing with Union and labour issues
· Relationships with Tier 1 electro mechanical suppliers
· Track record in leading innovative electrical, mechanical and product design teams
· Expert level knowledge in computer and robotic systems
· Production planning to help meet offtake agreements
· Experience in reporting to senior management and preparing board paper reports
· Very experienced in project management
· Experienced with FMEA
For more information about this role please contact our Perth office