DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Production Manager has the responsibility, accountability and authority to achieve the operating plan targets and for operating the assets in a manner that is safe and environmentally compliant.
- Executing daily operating plan within safe limits and adjust as required to stay within these limits.
- Responsible for meeting the business plan for the budget, utilization, yields, energy and EH&S targets.
- Effective execution of core work processes, including appraisals, procedures, training, shift handover, alarm management.
- Management and development of the production staff (Shift Supervisors and Operators).
- Provide resources to operate the facility.
- Proper execution of the safety processes.
- Assure compliance with regulations for 24/7 operations.
- Assure that 24/7 reliability threats are mitigated.
- Implementing a plan to develop the competencies of production staff, including mandatory training.
- Manage operator overtime.
- Assure initial response to abnormal situation is executed.
- Initiating Type 1 investigations and close out of action items.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with Unions.
- Communicating production needs in a prioritized manner to the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from accredited university or institution
- 8+ years of experience in the fundamentals of chemical / refinery processes which includes experience in Union / Management interface and management experience
- 5+ years of leadership and management for direct reports
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office