Education, knowledge and experience:
- Master degree in Engineering or equal by experience.
- At least 5 years experience in operational management,
- Experience in a Foundry environment ( molding, tier 1 automotive companies, …) is a real advantage
- Good knowledge of French and English.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with the technical, commercial, legal and HR aspects of high level management, e.g. change management, ISO/TS, Lean and continuous improvement.
- Understanding of molding and engineering or having developed a broad view of several manufacturing practices and organizations.
Core competences (company related)
- Integrity; has a positive attitude, is an honest and fair person.
- Excellence; exceeds expectations, goes for the extra mile.
- Responsibility; understands the consequences of his actions and takes ownership, is committed to the organization.
- Respect; has respect for his team and the customer.
- Courage; dares taking decisions and acts accordingly.
- Awareness; is responsible and conscience about the effect of his acting.
- Is culturally exposed and aware.
Reporting, tasks and responsibilities
- Reports to the Operations Director and manages all operational group staff, works closely together with the Engineering Manager and Financial Controller.
- External contacts: customers and suppliers.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manages operations ensuring the implementation of short and long term objectives; for example capacity planning, in line with the strategy of the group.
- Sets up the operational business plan in accordance with the Operations Director in order to realize the strategic goals.
- Manages the budget in order to organize the different activities, ensuring results consistent with the business plan.
- Ensures the follow-up of the operational processes of the different production facilities in order to be consistent with the action plans.
- Checks the improvement and development possibilities to optimize the results of the processes.
- Develops the organization in order to obtain best, profitable and qualitative results.
- Forms a strong, highly qualified team and encourages collaboration between the members to ensure the smooth functioning of the group. Makes sure process and resource planning are tuned and optimizes if needed.
- Provides coaching of his employees in order to develop at best their skills and know-how.
- Cooperates closely with the Engineering Manager, Financial controller and Quality Manager.
- Package salary according experience and skills with Benefits such as meal vouchers, pension and health insurance, Mobile, laptop, company car, bonus depending on attained results.
For more information about this role please contact our London office