Spencer Ogden is looking for a Project Engineer for our client in Fort Collins, CO.
This position is with a leading engineering & consulting firm, dedicated to providing innovative solutions through our strategic engineering, environmental, and consulting services. They provide industries and local, state and federal agencies a full spectrum of services related to infrastructure, water, air, land, waste, and industrial processes.
We are seeking a Project Civil Engineer with an emphasis in municipal infrastructure to assist with the design, bidding, and implementation of municipal infrastructure related projects. This Project Civil Engineer will be responsible for project design activities and must be capable of problem solving with limited direction from senior staff. The Project Civil Engineer will have the opportunity work on a large variety of projects, which may include water supply, delivery, treatment, distribution and collection infrastructure, as well as general grading plans and site civil design.
Our company prides itself on providing employees a workplace that allows them to thrive in an environment with excellent compensation and benefit packages. We are always looking for exceptional business partners.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or equivalent
- Colorado Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain in 18 months
- Wyoming Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain in 18 months
- Three to five years of progressive civil engineering design experience with an emphasis in municipal infrastructure.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, with the ability to interact with project teams as well as clients.
- Preferred experience in working with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, local communities and government jurisdictions.
- Proven knowledge and skills of AutoCAD Civil 3D, including sheet-set and file structure management, and an ability to quickly learn and implement Wenck's CAD standards.
- Knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience with hydrologic and/or hydraulic modeling experience including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, FLOW-2D, WaterGEMS, and/or WaterCAD
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, resourceful, hard-working, and enjoys learning.
- Ability and willingness to contribute extra effort to meet deadlines
- Work as a member of project teams to help deliver project studies/reports and/or construction contract documents to our clients on schedule and within budget
- Complete modeling and/or design work as a member of these teams
- Successfully and resourcefully execute assigned tasks with limited instruction from senior staff
- Collaboration with other company internal groups and disciplines and sub-consultants.
- Complete field work as necessary for investigations and construction oversight
- Periodic travel for multiple days for field work, to support project teams in other offices, and construction oversight.
- Commensurate with education, training, and experience.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.