Our client is a leading manufacturer of electrical and electronic systems in the transport industry in Europe who are currently looking for a Project Contract Manager to join their team in Charleroi, Belgium. You will be responsible for the Contract Management of the contracts with Belgian and international end customers from contract award up to the final acceptance of the work and final account. This is a full time permanent opportunity offering a salary of circa €90,000-€100,000 p/a gross depending on experience plus a competitive package.
Project Contract Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare Contract Summary and ensure it is widely communicated and regularly updated.
- Ensure that evolution of the Contractual Data Requirement List by the project team members is done on time, and ensure it is accurately communicated and updated. Monitor works towards contract obligations: check schedule and all milestones compliance.
- Establish and implement project specific commercial procedures, particularly regarding correspondences, notifications, insurances, variation requests/orders and claims preparation files.
- Develop a pragmatic commercial approach based on contractual analysis of project, to protect on a daily basis their interests towards customer, partners and, in liaison with sourcing, suppliers/subcontractors.
- Anticipate contractual events and risks; propose various counter-strategies and commercial solutions to keep the situation under control.
- Management of customer/partners variation request / orders: follow up of the VR/VO list, prepare commercial offer and prepare associated contractual letters for the customer director (CD)/project manager (PM) review and approval.
- Provide a monthly contract management reporting to serve as a basis for the monthly project report as well as the contract management reviews organized by the Legal & Contract Management Function.
- Inform the direct line management about any amendment, variation, claim, and/or breach that could have significant impact on project in terms of cost and time. Attend meetings with the customer, consortium partners, subcontractors and suppliers aiming to review and settle claims.
Project Contract Manager desired experience:
- University Degree in either Legal or Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or similar and/or equivalence through experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience as contract manager.
- Legal background or sound understanding of contractual issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence.
- Understanding of project risk management.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English (Dutch is an asset)
- Autonomous, Proactive and hands on, Solution-oriented, Business minded and Reliable
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office