- Lead planning exercises, prepare and maintain EPC cost and schedule for capital projects.
- Coordinate with project teams to develop master project schedules for all phases of the project.
- Develop schedules with activities to the lowest levels with logic in MS Project and Primavera.
- Obtain data on project progress, logic and manpower from project managers, contractors or other project/plant personnel.
- Provide overall project cost, schedule, estimating, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise.
- Ensure schedules generated for a project are fully integrated and resource-loaded in order to ensure the accuracy of projected staffing requirements.
- Generate basis of cost and schedule, perform cost and schedule analysis and cost and schedule risk assessment (CSRA) for projects and provide cost and schedule confidence report.
- Analyze cost and schedule trends, develop and review cost and schedule forecasts.
- Provide project managers with corrective actions regarding cost and schedule variances and impacts on project delays and opportunities.
- Assist project teams in resolution of issues involving cost, schedule, & contract changes.
- Set up, implement, and maintain project cost and schedule related key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Conduct cost and schedule review meetings and assist in developing alternatives to accommodate changes to project plans and communicate any deviations of current plan to the project team.
- Review cost and schedules prepared by contractors to ensure appropriate level of details and structure are applied to ensure effective progress monitoring and project control.
- Review change requests and change assessments in accordance with management of change plan.
- Provide necessary coaching to contractor's planners to insure the development of job plans that can be transposed into a workable cost and schedule that accurately links required tasks and specific resources that are necessary to complete an identified work scope.
Requirements for Positions:
- BS Eng (ME, ChE), MBA, PE preferred
- Project Management Certification (PMI) or similar.
- >10 years of demonstrated experience in managing capital projects (> $2 MM) in the specialty chemical or similar industry.
- >10 years of demonstrated project planning and scheduling experience in the specialty chemical or similar industry.
- Working knowledge of high purity gas installation techniques, and practices a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics, PIDs, and construction drawings.
- Proficient in Value Engineering.
- Fluent in the use of MS Office Suite, including MS Project and MS Project Online.
- Proficient in cost estimating techniques and understanding of estimate accuracy at various project stages.
- Knowledge of building codes, consensus engineering standards and applicable regulations (ASME, API, CGA, NFPA, OSHA).
- Effective verbal and written communication, with good mediation skills. Must be collaborative and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Attention to detail; precision and accuracy are important.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office