- Demonstrates advanced ability to generate accurate Project Schedules using Primavera P6 software. (and MS Project as needed)
- Capable of developing schedules for a variety of industrial projects including Oil and Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Agricultural, Pulp and Paper, and other various industrial manufacturing processes and systems.
- Development of schedules identifying relationships, logic, milestones, constraints and resource loading of cost and man hours along with the regular maintenance and periodic updating of the schedules.
- Comprehensive background in schedule planning, engineering design, industrial equipment, facilities, systems and field construction schedules.
- Communicates and coordinates between various individuals and departments on each project to pro-actively manage the schedule, update progress and anticipate delays with the expectation of establishing and presenting mitigation proposals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of financial and commercial issues related to contract execution in a competitive and aggressive industry.
- Identifies, conceptualizes & plans resources (i.e. manpower, capital, facilities & material expenses) in the schedule development.
- Reviewing third party submitted schedules for the owner to validate compliance with specifications, staging and logic.
- Assists in establishing company-wide guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for validation of scheduled activities.
- Must be capable of independent work in fast paced, schedule driven environments.
- Creates milestone schedules for delivery of engineering deliverables, equipment, raw materials or subcontracted work and labor.
- Creates scheduling models for executing elements of project scope.
- Functions as a productive team member in the scheduling and development of engineering projects from conception to completion.
- Reviews and analyzes Notices of Change and Requests for Change for schedule impact.
- Prepares Schedule Analysis reports with Explanation of Schedule Variances.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to execute other project controls activities such as cost and budget monitoring, issue management, meeting facilitation, document control and monthly status reporting to the Owner.
- Meets with Client and Contractor Schedulers for any needed project schedule interfacing.
- Clarifies schedule related questions and works as a team-member to meet project execution and scheduling goals
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 5 year's experience as a scheduler in the industrial engineering and/or construction industry, with at least 2 years scheduling experience as a Project Scheduler
- Exemplary communication skills, written, analytical, negotiating and interpersonal are essential.
- Experience in developing project schedules utilizing Primavera P6, MS Project or other scheduling tools.
- Experience developing project scheduling guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Preparing schedule evaluations, attending/conducting client or sub-contractor schedule reviews, and other vendor interfacing.
- Cost/Earned Value experience is a must.
- Capitol Cost Estimating is a plus.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office