The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience, with a strong preference for ten plus years (10+) in a construction or engineering environment within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in risk management, developing advanced level analysis, understanding of earned value management, experience with value engineering as well as trending, claims, forecasting and contract negotiations.
- Strong leadership and problem solving capabilities with ability to manage a broad spectrum of business activities under stressful conditions.
- Extensive knowledge of project management and project controls principles and concepts. Proficient with project management tools, i.e., planning (Primavera), cost management and risk management.
- Effective communication skills - listening, verbal and written. Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
- Responsible and accountable working to high performance standards.
- Develop and support negotiation of contract exhibits for cost, schedule, milestone payments, progress payments, earned value measurement, change orders, and unit rates.
- Lead effort to determine schedule interfaces between multiple contractors and resolve schedule conflicts.
- Plan activities of the Project Controls Team to create and implement the appropriate work processes, practices, and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage effective project controls, including cost, budget, schedule, and progress tracking.
- Participate in the establishment of risk management protocols, procedures, and reports required for risk assessment and assess risk occurrence as it pertains to probability, budget and schedule impacts.
- Establish reporting criteria, content and format for monthly project status reports.
- Provide reports and analysis to internal and external customers on an as needed basis.
Certificate of Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, or similar industry recognized training is a plus.
AACE Certification or similar industry recognized certifications are a plus.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office