Project Controls Specialist (Cost)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH102192
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Project Controls, Contracts & Claims, Power
Salary: US$130000.00 per annum
Date posted: 27/03/2017
Implement standard cost, billing/invoicing, processes and practices to ensure Design and Construction projects are performed in accordance with approved budgets and schedules.
Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, invoice, budget, resource, procurement, risk and other data within databases and query tools for individual projects within the Program portfolio.
Develop, coordinate and maintain status reporting for the financial aspects of projects within the overall Program.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* BS in Engineering, Construction, or Business discipline or equivalent experience
* Experience with Project Controls concepts (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, closeout) field or home office
* Experience with Cost Engineering concepts (project cost controls, billing/invoicing, estimating, forecasting, and variance reporting)
* Experience with ERP systems for identifying and reporting actual costs posted to projects (i.e. SAP, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.)
* Experience with Integrated Data Management Tools such as, MS Excel and MS Access
* Experience with Project Management Document management software tool applications experience (ECM, File Net, Sharepoint, e-Builder, etc.)
* Advanced experience with Excel and Microsoft Access a plus
* Utility experience; Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
* Integrated Data Management Tools such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Xcelsius, Oracle, etc.
* Experience with Enterprise Portfolio Scheduling Software tools a plus (Primavera P5, P6)
* PMI credential a plus
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.