Project Development Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH107478
Location: Egypt, Cairo
Sector: Solar, Renewables
Salary: £0.00 per annum
Date posted: 26/05/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
One of the world's leading solar power producer are looking to hire a highly skilled Project Development Manager for their Egypt projects. The main responsibilities of the Project Development Manager will be to identify new projects opportunities in the region, establish the project structure and bring the project to financial close.
Project Development Manager duties and responsibilities;
* Develop in-depth understanding of the region's power markets and opportunities for utility-scale solar PV projects in the markets.
* Develop relationships with authorities, regulators and utilities and other relevant key stakeholders in the power sector in the region.
* Identify and nurture relationships with local/regional developers, brokers, banks, contractors, etc. in order to identify project opportunities.
* Identify, screen and evaluate new business and project opportunities including: Project specific financial models and investment memos, Optimal technical solutions with technical teams and risk assessments related to the projects, including real estate risks, political risks, permitting and environmental risks, and financial risks and corresponding mitigation strategies.
* Negotiate with prospective partners and establish project development or acquisition agreements.
* Initiate, oversee and lead project development efforts including: Initial commercial arrangements with project stakeholders, Securing land, Environmental and social impact studies, develop action plans, Obtaining local project approvals and interconnection rights from utility and negotiating bankable Power Purchase Agreement with off-taker.
* Support the process of Project Finance preparation for the projects and the process of Execution preparation for the projects.
Project Development Manager desired experience;
* 7+ years of relevant work experience, including 3-4 years' experience in project or business development in the energy industry.
* Experience from the renewable energy sector is an advantage.
* Fluent in English, both written and spoken, and a good working level understanding of a third language spoken in key markets (Arabic).
* Experience with contract negotiations is an advantage.
* Working knowledge and understanding of Power Purchase Agreements, grid connections, permitting requirements, bidding processes and Project Financial modelling.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9327.
For more information about this role please contact our London office