Project Engineer / Building Services Engineer (M&E)
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH117433
Location: Republic of Ireland, Cork
Sector: SMART Grid, Utilities
Date posted: 05/01/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
To support delivery to our rapidly expanding customer base, there is an opening for a Energy (mechanical/Project) Engineer to support delivery to our customers. This is a broad ranging dynamic role. The successful applicant will be responsible for identifying and delivering energy related projects on a day to day basis to our customer client in South of Ireland. The role will entail working with Client engineers and operations managers/operatives of multi-disciplinary teams to safely identify and deliver to completion. A key element of this will be gaining a broad understanding of the projects in hand and ensuring all elements of the specification are delivered.
Reporting to the Delivery/Engineering Manager, this position is full-time and based on a client site in Cork but will involve working with the broader client team at the Head office based in Dublin.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of working in the Irish construction industry and building services (M&E) within both commercial and industrial facilities, and must have a good project management skill set.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Prioritising and delivering aspects of customer propositions in cooperation with the customer and company
· Ensuring Safety & Health policies and procedures are adhered to
· Carrying out audits and M&V reports
Coordinating contractors delivering small and medium scale projects located on client sites
· Monitoring and reporting on-going progress and quality of work from Contractors and their Clients
· Engaging with client representatives, project partners & contractors
· Ensuring all work is recorded and handed over in a timely manner
· Carrying out audits (safety, environmental and quality) on the works and produce snag lists on completion.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience :
· Degree in related engineering discipline
· Relevant industry experience / Energy Audits etc.
· Experience in Contractor management
· Experience of working in a similar role
· Knowledge and working experience of energy management
· Knowledge of energy management, energy efficiency and distributed generation technologies
· Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder skills
For more information about this role please contact our London office