SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION
The Project Engineer is responsible for working closely with the production, maintenance and technical groups to develop estimates and implement projects. The project Engineer I will resolve start-up issues, provide process improvements, and improve safety. The Project Engineer I will manage the project's beginning through final documentation and project closeout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and manage small to large capital projects from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support plant requirements in collaboration with management.
- Assist with detailed list of engineering and design specs for the deliverables of the scope.
- Develop full-scale project plans to include project cost estimate and schedule and associated documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other departments in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with vendors/suppliers to meet project budget/process requirements.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work,
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Make recommendations and implement solutions with the current process conditions.
- Interface with engineers, technicians, vendors and suppliers providing technical support as needed.
- Assist in transferring projects to production department by training personnel on new equipment/systems/process.
- Review and study existing equipment, facilities, systems and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce cost.
- Assist on the HAZOP implementation on the new process system or equipment.
- Update the engineering documentation of the plant.
- Must demonstrate the following emotional intelligence skills:
- Emotional Empathy
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with company's policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
The experience and education described here are representative of those that are expected to individuals to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered on an individual basis.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office