Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : 96348
Location: England, Somerset
Sector: Design & Engineering, Structural Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Bupa etc
Date posted: 21/11/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Project Engineer - Perm - Somerset - £50K
Currently recruiting a Project Engineer for a global Food / FMCG business in the Somerset area.
This factory is a key site for them as is the heart of the investment strategy putting in new lines and upgrades and is of strategic importance.
As part of this growth, we are now looking to recruit a Project Engineer for the Frome site. This newly created position will manage and deliver Capital projects in line with company and Legislative Compliance to meet company objectives.
* Deliver Capital Projects on time and within budget.
* Conduct URS, Charters, PDI's, FATs and SATS in line with Company and Legislative guidelines.
* Implement and monitor engineering best practices, including asset care and improvement programs with project design.
* Awareness of new technologies and their integration into projects.
* Ensure that all statutory requirements are met when measured against all relevant legislative standards for Health and Safety & Food Safety across site.
* Collaborate with the site team to deliver Capital Projects on time and in scope.
* Management of costs in accordance with approved budget
* Adherence to H& S standards (CDM, PUWER, Electrical, DSEAR, , CE)
* Compliance to all company Engineering Standards
The successful candidate
* Must be able to evidence successful delivery of Capital Projects worth several hundred thousand pounds plus.
* Possess experience in Food, Beverage, FMCG or associated hygiene industry.
* Demonstrable knowledge and familiarity with MS Projects or similar tools.
* Preferable Prince 2 or similar Project Management qualification.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and functions.
* Previous experience as a Project Engineer or have previously worked for Capital/Change Management Team.
* Maintain a high level of personal and professional commitment to the company and the projects.
* A strong desire to take responsibility for their personal development.
* Creative thinker with the ability to present ideas in a practical and pragmatic style.
* Ability to work independently when necessary, yet possess the skills to understand when invested groups need to be involved.
* Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
If you feel you have the appropriate experience for the role, please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office