The Grid Integration and Service Organization provides project management and engineering services to grid customers during the initial project phase for grid energy storage projects. And, after project completion, Grid Integration and Service continues to provide engineering, maintenance, and service for the customer install base through the equipment lifecycle.
Senior Project Engineer sought as we continue to grow our Battery Storage business. Projects involve the technical coordination, site installation, and successful commissioning of a wide variety of products including battery storage units, chillers, inverters, transformers, and other electrical utility types of equipment and services required to meet application and design specifications on our client sites world-wide.
Grid Integration Engineering responsibilities include coordination of site design and preparation, installation management, site inspections, system start-up, and site acceptance testing Install base responsibilities include sustaining engineering improvements and corrective action.
- A successful candidate will have customer, supplier and third party contractor coordination and project management experience. Requires technical, organizational, and project level skills in the areas of large capital equipment installation, testing and support (Utility power and grid connected power systems experience is preferred.)
Reports to: Manager, Project Engineering - Grid Integration.Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project deliverables, as the primary technical resources
- Solutions large-scale Grid Battery System projects.
- This position works closely and in coordination with Grid Integration project managers and other
- internal and external resources involved in the design, the delivery and the commissioning of
large-scale Grid projects.
- Drive towards rapid identification and resolution of any and all engineering related performance, cost, timing, manufacturing, supply base and related issues
- Review customer and third party engineering specifications and documentation prior to and
during project installation.
- Test, document, and show compliance to customer's requirements. Provide commissioning plans and test plans to validate on site installations
- Responsible for sustaining engineering on Energy Solutions released Grid Storage products
and the project specific, engineer-to-order designs for Energy Solutions projects, outside the defined New Product Development (NPD) engineering roadmap. Sustaining engineering
- Contribute to engineering design changes and corrective actions to products and to
processes in order to improve manufacturing yield and achieve delivered quality targets.
(familiarity with engineering change management processes)
- Analyze customer data and product returns to identify root cause and permanent
- Provide technical support for resolution of product issues in the field.
- Provide feedback to design teams within the new product development process
- Up to 30% travel, including internationally, will be required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing, dynamic environment
- Customer interfacing role requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- BSEE (equivalent industry/military experience may be considered)
- Experience Required: 8+ yrs
- Engineering experience with energy storage and power conversion systems a plus
- Knowledge of generation, transmission and distribution in electric grid systems (Electric Utility
- based experience is highly desired)
- Familiarity with complex control systems, firmware design, up load / down load of firmware
- Familiarity with Linux environment is a plus
- Independent, detail oriented self-starter with a solid business acumen
- Proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving
- ability to thrive within a matrix organization
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.