Roles and Responsibilities
- Capable of passing offshore medical.
- Engineering project management.
- Take care of tenders, offers, design and engineering.
- Client Interactions.
- Be very familiar with relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and good industry practice:
- BS 7121-2-1:2012 : Code of practice for the safe use of cranes. Inspection, maintenance and thorough examination. General
- Lloyd's Register : Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- HSG221 : Technical guidance on the safe use of lifting equipment offshore
- Project Management
Engineering Related duties:
- Provide technical support for offshore crane repairs, refurbishment, operation and maintenance.
- Spare parts sourcing, refurbishment plans, and equipment hire activities.
- Engineering design related to offshore crane and lifting projects.
- Participate in and carry out lifting studies for clients both onshore and offshore.
- Offshore and onshore surveys and project work scopes.
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience mobilising equipment offshore
- Degree qualified mechanical/electrical (Mechatronic) engineering.
- Chartered Engineer
- Offshore Crane and lifting Equipment experience.
- Conduct surveys and project work scopes for both on and offshore
- Be able top used CAD and Draughting software. (AutoCAD 2D)
- Preparation of work packs, risk assessments, and other documentation.
- Stress analysis. (Math CAD)
- Calculation sheets.
- FEED studies.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office