Project Engineer - Medium projects - $$negotiable
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH116549
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Sector: Design & Engineering, Structural Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £140000.00 per annum + Negotiable
Date posted: 13/11/2017
Our client is a well respected, forward thinking Structural Engineering Consultancy with a reputation for pushing the boundaries of Technology and Design. Their focus is on challenging the norms that have become accepted in the industry to produce exceptional outcomes that they can be proud of. As a result of continued growth, due to their work ethic and results driven approach, they are seeking to add an experienced Project Engineer to their team who is able to help them continue their upward trajectory.
As the Project Engineer, you will be reporting in to the Company Director and have responsibility for day-to-day client management, handling design queries and all facets of structural design and documentation on your assigned projects. More specifically, these tasks will include, but will not be limited to;
* Providing detailed estimates on both the time and resources you will need to ensure timely delivery of a project and consulting with the Company Director on fee proposals.
* Compiling fee proposals and letter for signing by the Director
* Preparation of advice notes, computations, specifications and reports for Director review and approval in advance of issue.
* Assigning work to the Drafting team in agreement with the Drafting Lead and the Director. Collaborate with, and delegate design work to other members of the Engineering team and wider support staff with agreement from the Director
* Maintaining the integrity of the design brief across the life of a project, notifying the Director of changes to the original brief, timeline or construction costs of the project and working with the Director to make relevant adjustments to agreed deliverables and fees.
Project Engineers are required to hold a Bachelors Degree in Engineering. You should also have a minimum of three years' full time working experience, be a full member of Engineers Australia and in turn be eligible for a chartered professional engineer application.
As a Project Engineer, you should demonstrate proficiency in the following areas;
* Be able to produce calculations in primary materials - steel, concrete, timber, masonry and earth.
* Have a thorough understanding of calculations for glass, stainless steel and aluminium.
* Produce and set out calculations of complex systems.
* Exceptional knowledge of design codes.
* Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with other consultant on complex design for medium projects
* Concept design and site supervision for medium projects.
* Be experienced in a range of residential, domestic, institutional and commercial projects.
And the following additional professional skills:
* Have at least 3 years experience in a similar role
* Have a sound appreciation and understanding of both Architecture & Design
* Have a good understanding of both Geo-technical and Earthworks design
* Understand the requirements around deliverables and coordination across multiple design phases on medium projects
* Be confident and able to both maintain and develop relationships with existing and new clients
* Be comfortable with a range of softwares
* Good understanding of risk and liability related to Design
* Awareness and understanding of widely used building procedures and construction methodologies.
* Have exceptional time management skills For more information about this role please contact our Perth office