The Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Supporting a team that is focused on the execution of project finance debt transactions across a variety of potential energy and resource innovation sectors, including: renewable energy, power, infrastructure, oil & gas technologies, water and agricultural technology.
- All aspects of transaction execution, including due diligence, internal risk and return evaluations, and coordinating processes with clients, advisors, other lenders and internal partners.
- Deal team support with independent research and analysis on credit standards, contracts, cash flows, budgets, construction reports, operating reports, etc.
- Providing significant contributions to external marketing, including developing and drafting presentations and pitch books, providing market research and intelligence, and maintaining internal resources and materials.
- The development of detailed project finance models, which will include multiple debt tranches across loan and capital markets, scenario and sensitivity analyses, and key metrics and outputs.
- Assisting in closing and booking of new transactions and completion of customer due diligence procedures including customer registration, renewals and monitoring.
- Supporting portfolio management, including analyzing amendment and waiver requests, assisting with monitoring periodic credit approval renewals, booking changes to existing transactions and assisting in preparing for and responding to internal and external audits.
- As the business continues to grow, you will also be involved in expected future project finance financial advisory assignments.
Origination and Execution:
- Assist deal team with all aspects of execution of new opportunities, including reviewing and summarizing due diligence materials and reports, research to support new initiatives, and coordinating with clients, advisors, other lenders and internal constituents.
- For new deals, manage the internal credit process conducting analysis and research, preparing credit memorandums and applications and managing communications with credit and operations teams from origination through close and funding.
- Prepare pitch books and presentation materials related to client and prospect acquisition.
- Build and/or review Excel financial models for project finance transactions with the ability to create various financing structures and credit metrics. Ability to assist with model analysis for both origination and execution.
- Manage administrative requirements including internal pricing models and all regulatory requirements associated with client onboarding.
- For existing deals, manage the internal credit process conducting analysis and research, preparing credit memorandums and applications and managing communications with credit and operations teams.
- Assist in monitoring and managing existing transactions including waivers, amendments, loan closings and funding, and other credit events that may impact the borrower.
- Help lead quarterly and annual reviews of loan portfolio, maintain borrower monthly/quarterly reporting requirements, internal credit procedures are kept current, and other ad hoc projects are successfully completed.
- Help in the management and training of associate development program resources; promote skill building and knowledge transfer to train junior staff.
- Contribute to and maintain the groups' research archives and capabilities.
- General assistance, as directed, with the growth of the business, including research into new potential business areas, financial structures and potential future financial advisory work.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven experience in project finance financial modeling, presentations, and drafting underwriting/investment memoranda and credit documentation, reviewing contracts and project materials, and bank operational processes.
- Strong ability to recognize and communicate transaction risks and mitigants.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with customers, officers and other bank personnel.
- Capacity to effectively organize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong, proactive oral and written communication skills.
- Direct experience and passion to work on cutting edge energy or infrastructure related financing transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely effectively and manage/prioritize multiple streams of workflow simultaneously.
- Proactive, self-starter
- Creative thinker
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.