Our client, a leading French Renewable Energy IPP with a global project portfolio, are offering an incredible opportunity for a Project Finance Engineer, paying a competitive salary and an amazing benefits package with the opportunity to grow within the company. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team and participate in the implementation of the debt financing policy of the entities of the company by participating or managing commercial relations with banks, public and private financial institutions.
Project Finance Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Working in close collaboration with the development, M&A and construction teams to enable the realisation of projects with the best returns and on time.
- Ensuring the ongoing review of the Business Plans provided by the entities in collaboration with the internal research department, and with those in charge of industrial purchasing, construction, and project operations.
- Developing the projects in order to ensure the proper modelling of the projected financial flows in accordance with the company
- Elaboration or review of the applications for financing, including extracts of business plans that will be sent to banks, financial institutions and multilateral organizations.
- Realization of the competition between the different commercial counterparties.
- Negotiation with banks: Piloting or participation in negotiations, interfacing with banks until financial closure. This includes monitoring the drafting of contractual documentation (debt agreements, tripartite agreements, security, etc.) and coordination of the audit phases, in conjunction with the internal or external experts concerned.
- Being responsible for monitoring the post-contractual back office (including the lifting of conditions precedent and the implementation of hedging instruments, if applicable), until repayment of the loan.
- To be the liaison between the construction teams, the development teams, the operating teams and the lending institutions.
Project Finance Engineer Requirements:
- Between 2 and 5 years' experience in Renewable Energy Project Finance.
- BAC +5 type engineering school, business or Master 2 Finance.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law, business law, taxation and finance.
- Very good knowledge of the financial markets (capital, subordinated debt, debt).
- Knowledge of the legal and tax aspects of arrangements and risk management.
- Financial modeling.
- Technical knowledge of industrial projects in the renewable energy sector.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Commercial negotiating.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9331.
For more information about this role please contact our London office