The Project Finance Manager (PFM) is a key member of the Project Finance team, with primary responsibility for transaction execution and internal underwriting of project development. The Project Finance team is charged with monetizing portfolios of renewable energy projects originated and developed by the Company. Deal flow includes structuring financings to hold projects on balance sheet, as well as the sales of portfolios (M&A). The PFM leads the team in analyzing and closing the sale and financing transactions that monetize our portfolios. The PFM will use analytic, problem solving and financial acumen to structure creative solutions that help our business grow in the rapidly expanding and evolving US renewable energy market. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Project Finance & Business Development and will interact directly with the Sales, Project Development, Engineering, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Operations teams at Forefront Power.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day activities of tax equity and M&A transactions
- Support Sales and Project Development teams in creation of pricing models based on current monetization options
- Prepare analysis to decide to sell or hold portfolios/projects
- Oversee analyst's backup analysis to Sales and Development teams when presenting projects for approval through the Company's project approval process
- Manage Project Finance team running portfolio sales processes (at NTP or COD) from initial buyer prospecting, through negotiations into contract management
- Play large role on smaller team structuring working capital facilities
- Interface closely with Sales, FP&A, Development, Engineering, Legal and Management to help guide projects forward quickly and efficiently
- Minimum of four years relevant financial experience, ideally in solar or another renewable energy
- Experience playing a primary role in tax equity financings
- Commitment to working in renewable energy
- Proven ability to perform accurately (data analysis) and timely (deliverable deadlines)
- Desire to support a high-energy, evolving team in an early stage company
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement; Master's degree preferred
- Strong computational and analytical skills
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic with the ability to proactively manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Potential to be creative, flexible, and think critically in tackling a variety of challenges, from the industry level to customer-specific
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Though the Project Finance Department believes in long term work/life balance, we also know short term imbalances can be a reality. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by reporting and other deadlines.
The position is based out of our San Francisco, CA office. The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.