This position is responsible for managing all activities related to the successful delivery of medium and large capital infrastructure projects from inception to completion, the size and sensitivity of which have a significant impact to operational, financial, regulatory and/or other company objectives.
The candidate works closely with operations personnel at the local business units and contract operations, managing and coordinating project activities utilizing a cross functional team approach.
The candidate works to ensure Asset Owner satisfaction by delivering projects in accordance with the success criteria defined in the project plan.
- Plans and support external and internal funding approvals.
- Manage the development of technical, bidding and contractual documents in accordance with corporate engineering guidelines including negotiations of agreements in coordination with supply chain management.
- Ensure corporate Technical and Environmental Health and Safety/Security standards are incorporated into the design specifications.
- Manage environmental and governmental permitting in coordination with local business unit staff.
- Support the oversight of construction management personnel to ensure timely completion of assignments, budget compliance and adherence to applicable standards.
- Drive efficiency into project delivery through the monitoring of delivery metrics and utilization of alternate procurement and delivery methods.
- Provide monthly reports to management regarding the status of capital projects and issues affecting project performance.
- Participate in the development of engineering design and delivery processes and standards.
- Support the local operations and business development team to develop opportunities for additional services on existing contracts, support development of new contracts and support the development of proposals.
- Provide technical expertise on engineering and operational issues and support facility condition assessments for our water/wastewater operations.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.