Spencer Ogden is seeking a Local Project Manager (PM) for a large customer project to be run across several countries. A frame agreement with customer gives Spencer Ogden the opportunity to extend the contract to other projects in Asia and Americas.
You will be leading the project in one of the countries included in the contract ensuring the coordination and success of the overall project.
- Reporting to Senior Project Manager (SPM) and part of Project Management Organization (PMO)
- Support the SPM to prepare local reporting towards Customer
- Ensure all communication for the project in the country
- Participate on behalf of SPM to any local meetings
- Support SPM in organization of the Core Team (weekly coordination)
- Responsible for expediting according to project execution plan
- Responsible to maintain the overall project risk & opportunity register
- Coach the core team to ensure adequate execution of the contract as per the requirements of Customer.
- Manage relevant local Installation & Commissioning works
- Act as interface to Factory project representatives
- Support SPM in preparation of internal management STECO
- Ensure delivery of HSE statistics from all factories in the correct format provided in the contract
- Master's degree from a relevant field of studies
- Strong project manager, structured and results oriented leader with strong analytical and operational controlling skills
- Project Management Certification
- Proven abilities in strategic and operational planning;
- Negotiation skills, strategic thinking, cooperativeness and networking skills, commitment to the accountabilities
- Proven track records of successful change management in customer projects executed
- Ability to motivate, coach and share the knowledge within the organization
- Business oriented mindset to support customer's needs
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Project: The project itself is a large frame order for fabricated HV substations, the Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the construction and commissioning of these HV substations and so should have first hand experience in the organisation and management of HV substations.
Location: The location is flexible depending on the home location of the candidate, with local office integration available. The candidate must be willing to travel regularly to countries including but not limited to Denmark, Switzerland, Finland, Singapore and Taiwan.
In this case, an EU citizenship would be advantageous but not a requirement of the role.
For more information about this role please contact our London office