Project Manager (Power Plant)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH105404
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Sector: Plant Project Development/Management, Power
Salary: US$5000 - US$8000 per month + benefits
Date posted: 28/04/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Seeking a Project Manager (Power Plant) in Malaysia!
This a leadership role that will require you to drive compliance with Corporate, Sector and Business directives and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards.In addition you will also be responsible for (but not limited to):
* Participate in the technical tender reviews.
* Manage the take-over of the Project Engineering from the tender team. Review the technical contractual requirements and analyse the standards and specifications and prepare a detailed engineering execution strategy.
* Manage the Project Engineering team incl. engineering subcontractors,
* Prepare and control the planning and progress measurement for all engineering activities.
* Ensure proper quality control of all engineering activities incl. engineering subcontractors.
* Ensure that the engineering as well as the sequence of engineering is optimised with construction.
* Perform technical risk assessment and corresponding risk reviews.
* Always optimize technical solutions, overall cost and project schedule.
* Assess, approve and expedite technical aspects of change orders.
* Resolve all open technical issues between the Partners in the best interests of the project.
* Manage and control all technical issues related to agreements between the Partners, Participants and the Customer as well as technical Consultants, Authorities, etc….
* Strong knowledge about power plant components, integrated projects and /or activities within water/steam cycle, Balance of Plant (BOP), arrangement, piping and valves, electrical, civil and construction engineering.
* A proven track record on complex contract negotiation within an EPC or construction environment
*At least 10 years professional experience in Project Engineering or Power Plant Engineering.
*At least 5 years of experience in a management function or an Education and Experience assessed to be equivalent to the above.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321