WHAT YOU BRING
- Provide direction and coordination of physical construction of commercial solar installations with respect to the budget, timeline, company policies, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Create project SOWs, schedules, and build budgets.
- Coordinate materials procurements for job sites (modules, racking and inverters).
- Own all project schedules and communication using various platforms (SmartSheets, SAGE, Hubspot, etc.).
- Own project budget, committing to keeping all project spending below budget.
- Communicate with customers to schedule work, coordinate services, provide weekly updates and troubleshoot issues.
- Host project hand-off meetings from Project Development and to Asset Management.
- Collect, verify and properly store project documentation.
- Define and communicate the schedule to meet customer expectations and construction requirements to different stakeholders, including vendors and subcontractors.
- Monitor and engage the design process through utility plan-check and permitting.
- Solicit bids for subcontracted work with accurate SOWs, ensuring the subcontractors fully understand the SOW and provide accurate bids to reduce change orders.
- Own change order process and approve, deny, negotiate, modify and deliver all change orders.
- Work with Superintendents to ensure quality and timely project completion.
- Visit jobsites as needed throughout greater California.
- Schedule and provide all information needed for retrospective meetings.
- Coordinate all site inspections, interconnection power shut downs, deliveries and visits.
WHAT WE NEED
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Engineering or Construction Management).
- PMP Certification.
- 4+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years in commercial solar project management (120kW - 5mW).
- 2+ years in solar industry.
- 1+ years of experience managing subcontractors.
- Ability to read and comprehend PV construction plan sets.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of various phases of commercial solar project installation.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team, fast-paced capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring life to the project. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
- Skilled at bridging internal and external partners to ensure project productivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required to work with various customers ranging from Agriculture owners to Fortune 500 Company leaders.
- Hands-on and proactive attitude to learn and to be trained.
- Must be able to visit jobsites to evaluate the overall processes and make prompt adjustments when needed.
- Ability to efficiently use Microsoft Applications.
- Valid state driver's license, clean DMV driving record, and ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
EXTRA DESIRED SKILLS
- Electrical background.
- First-hand knowledge and experience of construction, including practices and sequence of work.
PV Design Engineering background.
- NABCEP certification
- Always learning, growing, and achieving as a team!
- Opportunities to grow within the company.
- Top-notch medical benefits with 100% coverage for employee.
- We love long weekends - 12 paid holidays.
- Vacation is always good - Start with 15 days of PTO
- Fun events, hangouts, Friday breakfasts.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.