Project Procurement & Logistics Manager (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH121092
Location: Thailand, Bangkok
Sector: Project Controls, Contracts & Claims, Power
Date posted: 21/02/2018
PROJECT PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS MANAGER (PPLM) - Bangkok, Thailand
My client is a multi-national company, brings together solutions for Power Utilities to bring power reliably and efficiently. The company offers products and services, including involvement of Projects & Services, Turnkey Projects & Consulting, and substation maintenance and asset management.
They are currently looking for a driven and hard-working individual to be responsible for the Sourcing, Procurement and Logistics activities of their portfolio of projects in Indonesia. This role will be based in Bangkokg, and will be responsible in handling the growing projects of the company in Thailand.
The ideal candidate must have solid experience in handling the sourcing, procurement, and logistics activities of various Turnkey EPC projects in Thailand. The role will be responsible for, and but limited to, the following:
* Co-owning the Engineering Procurement Plan for the scope, where applicable
* Work with cross functional teams like Engineering, Sourcing to ensure the on-time delivery of documents (drawings, quotations, etc.) required to be obtained from suppliers Ensure timely issuance of the purchase orders.
* Owning the budget related to material, maintain and monitor the budget.
* Periodic progress monitoring and reporting to his management.
* Support the bundling activities in the project which includes convening periodic meetings of stakeholders.
* Establishes the procurement schedule.
* Coordinates offsite and on-site procurement activities for the project
* Regularly reviews the fulfilment by suppliers of all contractual requirements in regards to
customs and duties with the support of the concerned function (taxation, expediting, Logistics etc.)
* Supports the PPL in fulfilling the overall project targets and works in alignment.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college and/or
* Vast experience in Sourcing and in a leadership role related to Project Procurement
* Experience as Project Manager / Tender Project Manager / Senior Purchasing Manager or Project Manager
* Good understanding of legal/contractual aspects of an EPC contract.
* Risk management knowledge. Ability to work efficiently in cross-functional teams.
* Good communicator and team work capability. Due to the nature of the role and interactions with various stakeholders fluency in Thai and English are required
* Negotiation skills either with supplier base or with customers.
* General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management philosophy.
* Ability to coach & develop team members. Accountability, resilience, autonomy, and leadership.
* Decision making, problem solving, ability to independently resolve issues with difficult suppliers.
* Basics in scheduling/planning of large and complex projects.
* Technical knowledge of products purchased and power plant familiarity.
Interested applicants, please send your CV in word document to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Number: 13C6321 | Registration Number: R1658536
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321