I'm currently working on a very exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in the Construction & Engineering Space. They specialize in the Transportation & Infrastructure space, while still offering a diversified project type winning complex hospitals and other complex building projects. They are building out their presence in the Northeast to complete their total national coverage after having won multiple major P3 projects in the greater NYC area. They are looking for someone to report directly into their Director of Operations creating and maintaining project schedules for major projects of upwards of $300 million and other larger P3's.
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leader and gain exposure to senior leadership and key client contacts, with the potential to build out a team in the near future. This also an exciting opportunity to stay closer to home than the traditional scheduler role, as it will only require a maximum of 25% travel. Please find more details about the opportunity below:
Job LocationsUS-NY-New York
My client is currently seeking a Project Scheduler for the NYCT 207th Street Yard Project in the Inwood section of Manhattan, NY.
We are a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Our employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Project Controls (Document Control, Cost, Schedule)
- Project Scheduling with P6 (resource loading/coding, cost loading, and general sequencing)
- Work with superintendents, subcontractors and other project team members to develop a baseline schedule, as well as accurately represent the impact of change orders and or delays to the project schedule
- Lead project schedule meetings (daily, weekly, and monthly)
- Analysis of project cost
- Accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Time impact analysis
- Claim mitigation and/or development
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
- 10+ years of project scheduling experience
- Fully versed in all aspects of Primavera P6 scheduling. Additional scheduling program experience (Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.) is a plus.
- Understand concepts of baseline schedule, progress schedule, recovery schedule, total float, critical path, predecessors, successors, near critical paths, float trending, percent complete, float ownership, and constraints
- Claim experience required
- Time impact analysis (TIA) experience required
- Ability to make confident, timely, and fact based decisions on a broad range of resources
- Candidates must demonstrate multi-tasking experience working in large teams and solving complex problems
- Experience working on complex construction projects requiring significant coordination required
- Experience with NYCT/MTA (or other major transit organizations), including integrating track outages/diversions preferred
- Experience with electrical/signal/track coordination a plus
- Strong writing skills (schedule narratives) a plus
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.