Our client is a leading Manufacturer and are looking for a Proposals Engineer.
Proposals Engineer -
Preparation of station and major project quotations according to customer enquiry and the technical and commercial support and coordination of order processing hand-over for all project related orders.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Proposals Engineer, the role assumes full technical and commercial responsibility for the preparation of quotations according to client enquiry. Quotations may be prepared based on standard price lists, contract pricing, or may be 'bespoke' requiring extensive estimation of material, labour and design costs.
* Technical support for external Regional Sales Managers.
* Design of modules, specification of materials and equipment in line with client specification
* Technical and Commercial evaluation of enquiries
* Technical and commercial liaison with clients and all other parts of the company.
* Technical and commercial evaluation of orders
* Processing of orders, or where appropriate on larger projects to ensure a smooth handover to the projects team.
* Specification Sheet Generation
* Data entry and updates on Business System and Database Individual
*Technical evaluations of Client requirements.
* To liase with clients prior to and during the quotation process. Continued contact during the order process in order to confirm scope of work, equipment specifications and delivery schedule
* To liase with Engineering to agree CAD/Project Engineering costs
* To provide a professional image of company in all external contact and communications.
* To provide guidance and information to other personnel within who are involved in the preparation of information and documentation for inclusion in orders.
* To ensure that all order activities are properly documented to meet internal and external requirements.
* To assist in the hand-over and transition of successful quotations to Project Engineering.
SKILLS & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
External written and verbal Communications at all levels Computer skills inc.Microsoft Office and company business system Interpretation of Technical drawings Interpretation and evaluation of Technical Specifications Knowledge of Standards and Specifications relating to Natural Gas Systems and Applications.
The ideal candidate will be HNC/ONC//BTec educated within a Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering discipline.
A minimum of 2 to 5 years' experience operating in a technical/commercial role within the petrochemical, oil and gas or process industries is vital.
To find out more please call the Mancheter office now on 01612274910.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office