We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a PSM (Process Safety Management) Facilitator located in Port Neches, TX.
What will be expected from you?
- Responsible for facilitating for both revalidations and projects, PHAs, LOPA and IPL Select studies and preparing and issuing reports from these studies
- Ensures that study team compositions are appropriate
- Identifies hazard event scenarios through reference to the PHAs
- Assists study teams in estimating initiating event frequencies, consequence categories, and failure categories
- Ensure all Independent Protection Layers (IPLs), Consequence Mitigation Systems (CMSs) and Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) are reviewed and that they achieve a level of reliability that is appropriate
- Supports site on all matters pertaining to PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Ensures site compliance with the Management of Change process and Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Participates in Incident Investigations as required
- Supports regulatory agencies and corporate compliance audits to the site and participates, as necessary, in corporate audits at other Huntsman facilities
- Responsible for compliance with corporate and site PSM procedures
- Supports the training of PSM requirements to plant personnel and guidelines
- Maintains compliance with Federal Regulation 29 CFR 1910.119 (PSM) and 40 CFR 68 (RMP)
- Maintains a high level of understanding of PSM Laws and Regulations that impact the facility
- Accountable for personal work practices that impact Safety and Environmental performance
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensure & acquire all necessary Process Safety Information prior to meeting facilitation.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited university is required
- Five plus years of experience in Process Safety Management including Process Hazard Analysis and Layers of Protection Analysis preferred.
- Five plus years of experience in plant operations or engineering preferred
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Proficiency with PHA software such as PHA-Pro
- Knowledge in application and compliance requirements of regulatory codes (OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Familiarity with industry standards and recommended practices (API, NFPA, ASME, etc.)
- Ability to plan, delegate, and organize tasks to consistently produce results within the deadlines
- Ability to facilitate & control a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with multiple layers of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge and leadership of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and risk assessment, including HAZOP, What-If, LOPA, and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) identification.
- Knowledgeable of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA), FMEA, Facility Siting analysis, human factor assessment, consequence analysis, risk criteria, and related risk assessment techniques.
- Ability to apply and interpret standards and procedures to various situations
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office