Purchasing and Logistics Co-ordinator
Our client is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Our client is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Our client is a worldwide market leader in abrasives solutions. It is the leading UK manufacturer of precision grinding products supplying Multi National Industrial companies on a global basis. Supported by exceptional technology, with complete and innovative product lines, it has built its reputation around quality and safety, and experienced, committed and passionate people.
They have a graduate opportunity for a Purchasing and Logistics Co-ordinator to work within the team based at our commercial office and Distribution Centre in Stafford. Reporting to the Logistics Manager you will undertake vendor facing, system and reporting activities contributing to the departments overall objectives.
You will support the Company's logistics and purchasing activity by:
- Co-ordinating the sourcing and optimisation of spend for Stafford site, for categories including building services, maintenance, marketing, HR, trade, packaging (£3M p/a)
- Having responsibility for PO creation, price accuracy and material master data for the above categories
- Analysing and reporting on spend, making proposals to the UK Buyer and Site management
- Maintaining Stafford site procedures and group standards, ensuring compliance with such activities as ISO 90001 and Stafford site control of contractors.
- Co-ordinating transport schedules and bookings for Stafford Warehouse inbound and outbound deliveries
- Co-ordinating transport support activities including complaints, invoice queries, volume/ cost analysis and liaison with 3rd party payment provider
- Maintaining and reporting on key Logistic activities - DC activity, Transport dashboard, DC volumetric and cost to serve
- Analysing and reporting of vendor performance and vendor evaluation.
- Support the sites objectives in WCM continuous improvement and I300 purchasing saving programs.
Being a self-starter, you will need to be committed to succeeding and making a difference, You must have a degree (or similar equivalent level education) in a Business or Technical related discipline. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required, preferably with experience of SAP. With a high attention to detail and accuracy, you must also have the ability to work independently in a timely manner in order to meet necessary deadlines. For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office