PV Design Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH127104
Location: USA, New Jersey, Edison
Sector: Solar, Renewables
Salary: US$0.00 - US$90000 per annum
Date posted: 07/06/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
WHO ARE WE
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? We are an established renewable energy development and EPC firm and we are looking for top tier employees to help continue the growth and success we've achieved over the past decade in solar. My client has been a leader in the solar industry since 2005, and we have developed over 1GW and engineered, procured, and constructed well over 500MW of solar-PV projects around the United States. We are expanding our solar division to meet the increasing demands we are seeing for our services.
PV DESIGN ENGINEER
The PV Design Engineer position will be working with our Engineering, Operation, Estimating, and Business Development teams to design high-quality and efficient solar PV systems. The PV Design Engineer will play an integral and active role in helping my client acquire new business and execute in-house projects. Responsibilities include solar energy system design and layout; assisting in interconnection design and equipment selection; performing energy production analysis; evaluating future technologies; and developing internal intellectual property products and offerings.
In addition to being a great engineer, the PV Design Engineer will have superior cross-functional skills including developing client proposals, effectively putting together project estimates and providing technical support to the Operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop detailed layouts and electrical design packages for solar PV systems that meet all contractual, code, and permitting requirements
- Coordinate with civil and structural engineering firms to obtain detailed civil and structural design packages from third party vendors/firms that meet all contractual and permitting requirements.
- Develop single-line and three-line diagrams with required electrical details for solar PV systems in accordance with NEC, IEEE, NESC, utility interconnection tariffs and requirements, and local AHJ as necessary
- Lead the project interconnection approval process as the primary point of contact with the interconnecting utilities from the application process through final design approval
- Attend meetings with clients, State and local permitting authorities, subcontractors, and vendors regarding engineering and technical issues related to the solar PV system
- Coordinate and obtain SCADA designs for solar PV systems from third party monitoring companies
- Develop technical specifications and scopes of work for engineering firms and contractors
- Conducts on-site solar PV system commissioning and troubleshooting
- A 4-year degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred)
- One of more years solar PV design, design/build, or EPC field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in PVSYST
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
My client provides medical, dental and vision on the first day of your employment. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.