QA and Hardware Testing Engineer - Smart Metering
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH119840
Location: England, West Midlands, Coventry
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 03/04/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Spencer Ogden are seeking a QA Test Engineer -Smart Metering to be based in Coventry
Our client are a one the major investors and backers in smart metering global metering. They provide Smart Meters throughout the UK to the customers who are the Big 6 and Tier 2 suppliers. Due to expansion and with the increased number of SMETS 1 and SMETS 2 meters, they are seeking an experienced QA Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
As the successful candidate you will be working on existing and new key smart meters and will act as the key interface between the manufacturers and energy suppliers, addressing any key issues with the hardware and software of the meter. .
Role and Responsibilities:
* Developing, managing and monitoring engineering and technical specifications and standards and ensuring standards are aligned to our contracts.
* Fault determination of metering assets: testing and evaluating meter hardware and firmware, data led fault review and managing any related incident investigations.
* Developing and maintaining management policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure accreditation requirements are met and maintained.
* Managing the regulated meter testing programmes,
* Product Change control - management of meter product change; either requested by manufacturers or on a periodic audit basis.
* Identifying and resolving asset management/engineering technical issues.
As the successful candidate you will:
* Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in gas and electricity metering
* SMART technical knowledge
* Previous experience in a technical compliance / quality role
* An eye for detail and a desire to get to the root cause of problems
* People management experience, including coaching and development
* Good level of IT skills, including Excel
* A track record of delivering work to time and to budget without compromising standards.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the tenacity to see things through to completion
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office