The QAQC Technician is an experienced, licensed electrical professional who provides quality assurance supervision during construction of client's growing portfolio of PV infrastructure. The QAQC Technician must be a team player who is flexible, adaptive and motivated to join a growing, fast-paced company. This individual is responsible for project quality assurance audits, inspections, and reporting. The QAQC technician may also be called upon to perform electrical testing, trouble-shooting, component repair and replacement duties. Lastly, the individual will manage project acquisition construction and coordinating the Asset Management handover. The individual will cover an area of operation, handle multiple project sites, must have suitable transportation and the ability and willingness to travel from site to site in their operational area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews and provides feedback during the drawing review process to ensure potential issues are identified and addressed prior to issuance of drawings to field.
* Conducts field visits to identify and document faults, non-conforming construction, specification deviations, safety violations, etc.
* Interacts and communicates effectively with subcontractors and construction managers daily.
* Participates as a Subject Matter Expert during commissioning and witness testing.
* Performs repairs, troubleshooting and corrective actions where required
* Manage project acquisition construction and coordinate NAMS handover
* Travels between and is responsible for up to several project sites at a time.
* Shares experience and best practices to continuously improve the design, construction and closeout processes. Qualifications
* 5 + years of licensed electrical experience is required
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills
* Has an understanding of principles of the application, design, installation and safe operation of distributed generation PV plants and ancillary electrical systems
* Experience in all means and methods relating to PV installation commissioning, operation and troubleshooting is preferred
* Understanding of medium voltage systems and equipment is preferred
* Understanding of quality control methods and procedures
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications plans
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project and various other construction management tools
* Willingness to travel at least 80% is required
* Maintains professional licenses in trade (i.e. Electrical License, CSL, NABCEP PV, etc.).
* US Citizen
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.