Perform GMP Quality Control testing of raw materials, in process samples, and final product in support of fermentation based manufacturing of a dietary supplement. The manufacturing plant will operate 24/7 and the positions to be filled must support continuous manufacturing on all shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform acceptance testing of raw materials, in-process sample testing, release testing for finished product and stability testing of finished product through wet chemistry and instrumental analysis utilizing the following: HPLC, GC, FTIR, NIR, Karl-Fischer Titrator
- Other typical laboratory instrumentation (i.e. analytical balance; microscope)
- Assist in performing analytical method validation.
- Provide technical support to production.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of Shimadzu HPLCs and GCs, Karl Fischer titrators, and other critical QC lab equipment.
- Maintain QC laboratory systems to meet GMP requirements.
- Assure proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste generated while performing QC activities.
- Personnel training, qualification and safety procedures
- Sample and data management via computerized systems; i.e. LIMS
- Ensure timely sample testing turnaround
- Budget, order, receive, maintain, stock and track standards and reagents, disposable supplies and laboratory equipment
- Perform investigations into laboratory deviations and OOSs.
- Must demonstrate the following emotional intelligence skills:
- Emotional Empathy
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with company's policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
The experience and education described here are representative of those that are expected to individuals to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered on an individual basis.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office