Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job reference: :
Job Reference: 93400
Location: Scotland, Edinburgh
Sector: Quality, Defence
Salary: £25 - £26 per annum + 1.5x Overtime
Date Posted: 19/08/2016
Quality Assurance Engineer (Product) - Edinburgh - Contract - £25p/hr - 6 Months+
I am currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Engineer with a globally renowned engineering organisation based at their state of the art Edinburgh facility. This position is on a rolling 6 month contract basis.
My client is a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and systems. We are world leaders in the production of space-qualified passive microwave equipment and specialized electronics. In addition, we provide micro-satellite mission solutions ranging from mission concept studies to launch and operations
* Produce Project Product Assurance Plans defining the activities to be undertaken by Product Assurance Management, Quality Assurance, EEE Parts Engineering, Materials and Processes, Quality Control and CADM to satisfy customer requirements and assure a compliant product.
* Manage all Product Assurance deliverables in line with the Project PA Plan.
* Liaison and communication with the project team on all activities associated with the project product assurance programme.
* Provide support to the bid team (PA Plans and estimates) and lead the production of the Product Assurance section of the Statement of Compliance to all Product Assurance Requirements.
* Management of all project non-conformances in accordance with the CDIS QMS and customer requirements. Communication and liaison with the customer to progress major non-conformance.
* Review of CDIS project and customer documentation to evaluate compliance with the project product assurance requirements.
* Undertake project auditing activities in line with the Project Product Assurance Plan.
* Management of the Product Assurance Programme on multiple projects within CDIS.
* Product design - ensure adequate validation to check new products are robust and capable. Be involved with design reviews, type approvals, environmental testing, route and structure development and capability analysis.
* Process development - review current and new processes to ensure they meet required capability standards. This may include process proving trials, development of process standards, process capability analysis, failure mode analysis and documentation approval
* Supply chain - audit and review suppliers to check necessary controls are in place to prove product integrity within suitable agreed standards for space development and production. This may include external supplier audits.
* Manufacturing - review production processes operate effectively and proactively promote process improvements. Tasks include KPI measurement of important parameters, effective corrective and preventative action process, process auditing, training and support to Quality Control Inspectors and product release of new projects.
* Qualification - be responsible for the creation and implementation of Qualification Test Plans and the writing and submission of suitable reports for customer approval.
* Inspection - Carry out Inspections of critical product where required (either directly or as support to Quality Control).
* Compliance to the company's Health and Safety Policy.
The Successful Candidate will possess:
* HND in Mechanical Engineering or higher
* Experience of quality management and product assurance for space products and projects.
* A comprehensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes used in the electronic or microwave industries.
* Experience of development, supply or manufacturing of microwave components and sub-systems an advantage.
* Attention to detail and tenacity to ensure high quality standards.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers.
* ISO9001/BS EN9100 implementation
* Knowledge of ESCC - Q Series Standards
* Involvement in risk planning and mitigation
Please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office