R&D Deputy Director Forestry
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : MO0009
Sector: Plant Project Development/Management, Power
Salary: US$120000 - US$240000 per annum + Accommodation, Transport
Date posted: 05/10/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Position: Deputy Director (R&D) - Fibre
One of the region's major plantation groups is seeking for a talent for the role of Deputy Director (R&D). The mandate of the role will be to lead and coordinate the R&D efforts to improve the yield & quality of fibre.
* Lead, coordinate and manage research teams and facilities across business groups with Forestry plantations.
* Lead internal comparison and knowledge exchanges on tree improvement, silviculture and pests & plant disease research.
* Oversee research programs on plant species that can produce a higher yield and quality
* Develop a continuous improvement culture within his/her team that embraces innovation and efficient use of resources, and timely delivery of research solutions and programs.
* Ensure talent development of R&D professionals across business units through job rotations and various learning interventions
* Minimum 15 years of research experience in forest plantation industry, with at least 5 years of general management experience in a leadership capacity.
* Postgraduate qualifications in scientific disciplines related to the business and have a proven research track record.
* Have a broad scientific knowledge of plant genetics, biotechnology, plant physiology, plant propagation, agronomy / silviculture, soil science (mineral & organic), pest & disease.
* Strong business sense and have a broad understanding of the pulp & paper industry.
* Good leadership and managerial skills.
* Possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
* Has a strong sense of business ethics.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321