R&D Forestry Director
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH108042
Location: Indonesia, Sumatra
Sector: Corporate, Management, Power
Salary: US$8000 - US$16000 per month + Expat Benefit
Date posted: 06/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
One of the region's major plantation groups is seeking for a talent for the role of Director (R&D). The mandate of the role will be to lead and coordinate the R&D efforts to improve the yield & quality of fibre.
- Lead, coordinate and manage research teams and facilities across business groups with Forestry plantations.
- Lead internal comparison and knowledge exchanges on tree improvement, silviculture and pests & plant disease research.
- Oversee research programs on plant species that can produce a higher yield and quality
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within his/her team that embraces innovation and efficient use of resources, and timely delivery of research solutions and programs.
- Ensure talent development of R&D professionals across business units through job rotations and various learning interventions
- Minimum 15 years of research experience in forest plantation industry, with at least 5 years of general management experience in a leadership capacity.
- Postgraduate qualifications in scientific disciplines related to the business and have a proven research track record.
- Have a broad scientific knowledge of plant genetics, biotechnology, plant physiology, plant propagation, agronomy / silviculture, soil science (mineral & organic), pest & disease.
- Strong business sense and have a broad understanding of the pulp & paper industry specifically in R&D.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Has a strong sense of business ethics.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321