We are looking for an experienced Regional L&D Manager, to be based in Singapore, to join our APAC People and Infrastructure team on a 6 month fixed term maternity contract. You’ll report into the Global Learning & Development Director (based in London) and will be responsible for the design, delivery and evaluation of all L&D interventions required by the business.
Our people strategy is pivotal to our success, therefore developing our employees across all 5 locations is priority for the role. You will be supported by an experienced Senior L&D Consultant (based in Singapore).
We pride ourselves in delivering great results through a combination of hard work, collaboration and dedication. We have a series of effective programmes from Sales to Leadership Development, combined with bespoke learning initiatives for the APAC region.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be a strong L&D professional - we’ll need you to be able to demonstrate;
- At least 2-3 years of experience of successfully leading an effective L&D team, with responsibility for strategy, resource planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in coaching
- Previous experience of leadership programme design and implementation
- Effective project management skills, with strong planning and organisational ability
- Ability to work proactively and independently to maximise the value of HR interventions across the business
- Flexibility in delivering a wide range of training programmes
- Working collaboratively with Director of APAC, Sales Leaders, Support Services colleagues in APAC and global HR colleagues
- Knowledge of Sales organisations and developing sales employees
- Ability to lead in a diverse and collaborative environment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to foster positive and influential relationships with people from all levels of the local, regional and global organisation
This is a new interim role for Spencer Ogden APAC and one that will provide us with continued input into our learning strategy.
The L&D Manager is responsible for building people/leadership capability in an adaptive and competitive organisation. Working with business leaders and People & Infrastructure partners to create learning strategies that are in line with the business needs, deploy them to the organisation and create the learning solutions needed. The individual will also have an opportunity to lead the design and deployment of regional/global learning initiatives in partnership with our broader Talent Development team.
The role will be to successfully manage the L&D strategy, L&D team, stakeholders and curriculum. With programmes already in place to support the population, there is an element of overseeing the continued development. In addition, you will have the ability to add value using your skills and experience.
There will be a handover with the current Regional L&D Manager/Global L&D Director to ensure full support and set up in the role. You will be leading the facilitation of our leadership programmes and supporting with sales training when needed. With a strong leadership team in place, you will be able to work extensively with the stakeholders, coaching and providing solutions.
There will be some travel to our APAC offices: Hong Kong, Malaysia, Perth and Melbourne.
Salary & benefits information
- We are offering a competitive salary (subject to experience)
- Benefits: Health Cover, Flexi Working, pro-rated 20 days annual AL