We are currently recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager to be based in Germany and support our Steam Turbines business unit. It is the responsibility of the Regional Sales Manager to provide support towards revenue growth within my clients current Steam business with a view to expanding product sales by identification and development of new customer accounts through sales and commercial activities as per company sales strategy. Job Overview
- Profiles industries and customers to identify the best prospects for our products/services.
* Maintains a close awareness of competitor activities in the assigned territory and reports anything of interest.
* Maintains an up to date knowledge of products and services.
* Meets targets for sales order intake from assigned territory/product line with a drive to expand company's profitability.
* Define a clear strategy for accounts/territory assigned that is aligned with business strategy.
* Manages appropriate tracking to scope prospects' potential for qualification.
* In conjunction with Management, develops a bid strategy for each opportunity/enquiry, including bid/decline decisions, service packaging, pricing and terms and conditions.
* Clearly communicates the features and benefits of our products and services and how they will meet client needs.
* Successfully negotiates and closes deals with customers.
* Is proactive in maintaining customer satisfaction. Works with BUs and others to ensure we deliver our product/service in a way that meets customer needs.
* Recruits, trains, supports and motivates sales agents strictly adhering to company guidelines for commercial intermediaries.
* Assigns responsibilities to country agents; sets budgets/targets and clear action plan.
* Supervises and monitors agents' performance.
* Maintains details of assigned Accounts and full details of relevant opportunities on CRM system, including equipment listings; key decision-makers and their orientation, competitors and relevant progress updates.
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with key Accounts and maintains a close awareness of their plans, needs and perception of Energy. Acts to maintain a positive view.
* Produces routine activity and other reports as required.
* Other responsibilities and activities as may be assigned from time to time.
* Responsible for the general housekeeping and cleaning of work station.
* All other duties as assigned.
- * May require travel across Europe
Required Skills / Knowledge
* Sales Order Intake against assigned targets.
* Average win ratios as per company standards.
* Numbers of new opportunities generated.
* Customer visit frequency.
* Ability to devise proper bid strategies with informed market intelligence.
* CRM /data integrity and routine reporting metrics.
* Key accounts management as applicable. Proficient;
* Rotating Equipment Knowledge (Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators, Compressors)
* Sales and Customer Management.
* Commercial awareness and sound decision making.
* Negotiation and Financially astute.
* Communication & Interpersonal skills.
* Written and Oral German & English communication skills.
* Document control.
* Experience in Utility and Industrial markets.
* Experience in selling aftermarket service and engineered solutions.
* Experience with sales or engineering in Company's products and services
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office