Release Architect (DevOps)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH125953
Location: USA, New York, Valhalla
Sector: Enterprise Applications, R and D
Date posted: 14/05/2018
You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products.
You'll be tasked with working across development and operations, building a continuous integration and delivery pipeline that includes automated testing to ensure product readiness and quality outcomes. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
* Own and manage the end to end release architecture and design to ensure improved quality, efficiency and reduced cost
* Implement and document best practice and patterns in software development and release processes to ensure consistency and repeatability of software deployments
* Develop and maintain scripts for continuous delivery and test automation
* Deploy, test and update system and application software
* Develop test automation scripts including system integration, build verification, performance, UI, etc.
* Work closely with the Infrastructure, operations, product development and services teams
* Build and improve CI/CD pipelines supporting teams with different release schedules, testing needs, and code bases
* Experience with CI/CD build, deployment and test tools (Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory, Selenium, Terraform, etc.)
* Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
* Strong desire to automate everything
* An understanding of application deployment patterns and best practice DevOps with CI/CD
* Demonstrated commitment to code quality, documentation, and test automation
* Infrastructure and service monitoring and logging experience
* Good knowledge of Unix Administration/Scripting
* Good knowledge of Build Deployment tools like Maven/Ant, etc.
* 5+ years' experience in agile software development.
* Experience with utility industry solutions and/or IoT integration is a plus
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.