Site Safety Manager
A safety manager recommends, implements and enforces the Companies policies, procedures and programs on safety that comply with all applicable regulations (e.g., OSHA, NYDOB, etc..) The manager has to have broad knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. The candidate should also be familiar with all relevant environmental laws. Must have NYC Site Safety Manager License.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Site Safety Manager shall review and evaluate methods, products and safety devices and make recommendations regarding their use, where appropriate.
- The Safety Manager shall provide advice on special problems, and be notified immediately of any serious incidents and OSHA/DOB citations.
- Is responsible for assuring that the project is planned during pre-construction, and audited periodically to assure program effectiveness. Results of any planning and program auditing will be reported to management.
- Review any safety issues, and operate as a technical resource to both field operations and project management.
- Review of the adequacy and assure compliance with medical and first aid supplies, personal protective equipment, and the implementation of the safety programs SOPs.
- Assure that the project(s) is set up with a Site Specific Safety and Health Program, Safety orientations, and all necessary safety related documentation
- Review the adequacy of procedures and enforcement of the contract safety clauses as they pertain to subcontractors, vendors, and service firms.
- Review the adequacy of procedures and enforcement of Hold Harmless Agreements with vendors and service firms.
- Review recommendations for improvements of all of the aforementioned items.
- Shall devise, study and implement newer methods and approaches to safety that may be applicable to sound safety management.
- Shall be the designated person to respond to DOB, DOT, DEP, FDNY, and OSHA compliance visits and to establish strategies for citation contests.
- Shall keep and maintain all necessary incident logs.
- Shall review the reports containing data of all incidents.
- Shall read and distribute literature pertaining to construction safety.
- Shall implement immediate corrective action regarding noncompliance with Safety Program and Federal, State and Local Codes and regulations.
- Shall check with Shop Stewards and Trade Contractor's Safety Representatives on disposition of safety related matters.
- Shall investigate all accidents per the Project Superintendent's instructions.
- Shall distribute and post all Safety Meeting Minutes, Safety Bulletins and other safety related items.
- The Safety Manager needs to monitor and enforce the Site Specific Safety Program at all times as part of their overall management responsibilities
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate all subcontractor Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings.
- Assure that project specific JHAs/AHAs are written and delivered to project.
- Manage selection, conduct with oversight responsibility for the project safety committee.
- Assure safety paperwork is completed
- Assist in all regulatory visits.
- Bachelors' degree in Construction Management or related field.
- OSHA 10, 30, NYC Site Safety Manager (Additional Certifications a+)
- 5+ Years experience Construction Site Safety.
- Procore/Timberline Experience a plus.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple people
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.