Safety Officer (Singapore)
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH119628
Sector: Water, Utilities
Date posted: 22/01/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Safety Officer (Singapore)
My client is currently looking for a Senior/Safety Engineer to based for a Desalination Plant project in Singapore. As Senior/Safety Engineer you will be responsible for the successful safe delivery of daily construction activities in line with the client's delivery timeline. You will be responsible for successful execution and delivery of assigned project (s) on-time, within budget, as per Contract Agreement, adhering to the company's quality & safety framework.
Plant construction, site installation, testing and commissioning of electrical, instrumentation, automation & control.
- Serves, on site, as the company's prime interface with customer, authority, sub-contractors and site personnel, on matters pertaining to health and safety.
- Carry on inspection and safety walk with client and sub-contractor and conduct safety inspection of work site to ensure works is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant procedures and correct use of personal protective equipment and safety equipment are adhered to.
- Responsible for independent and documented inspection of all fabrication and construction works including the work carried out by the vendors and closing up of safety findings.
- To establish and maintain an efficient program through planned and coordinate management function.
- Liaising between CLIENT, Project team and 3rd party agency.
- Ensuring of construction safety is met with the requirement.
- Prepared and maintain procedure to be reliable to client specification
- Ensure all documentations with regards to handling systems are kept in order and latest revision is used for the construction work on site.
- Review and approve Risk assessment/ job safety analysis and organized safety meetings for relevant work.
- Resolve and support sub-contractor on Safety related construction issues.
- Assist Project/ Site Manager in implementing HSE Plan at the work site.
- Conduct HSE trainings for workers and subcontractors at work site.
- Maintenance of all safety/ statutory inspection records.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure all employees, workers and others such as subcontractors and visitors are aware of site safety rules and regulations.
- Investigate all accidents/ incidents and compile accident report to Project/ Site Manager.
- Participate in safety activities such as toolbox meetings and safety meetings.
- Degree in Safety Engineering or Electrical Engineering Degree with safety management experience in infrastructure projects
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in construction industry for building projects
- Registered WSH officer with MOM.
- Having training OHSAS 18001:2007
- Min 8 years' experience in Safety
- Having training first aider
- Experience to lead emergency evacuation
- Experience to identify hazard, risk, aspect, impact and its evaluation
- Experience to lead safety briefing/ tool box talk
- Experience to making safety report
- Experience in leading incident investigation
- Experience in Electrical works
- 8+ years of applicable experience with construction or upgrade works of a water/wastewater treatment plant projects.
- Prior related experience on large municipal project(s) in Singapore
Interested applicants, please send your CV in word document to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Number: 13C6321 | Registration Number: R1658536
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321