Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH106822
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Solar, Renewables
Salary: US$125000 - US$155000 per annum
Date posted: 24/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Company is a dynamic Renewable Energy Solutions Provider operating across the North America delivering predictably priced renewable electricity services for commercial, municipal, and utility customers. Company specializes in navigating a complex ecosystem of regulatory and economic markets to find highest value for our customers by being first movers and innovative solutions providers. From highly visible solar canopies at schools to large scale ground-mounted applications, the team of industry leaders at company designs specific financial and technical solutions for each customer to maximize the impact of their renewable energy projects.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Sales Director will drive new solar power sales in the US and Canada. You will directly lead the growth of our client portfolios and project pipelines while working in conjunction with your team of Sales Managers. The Sales organization will rely on you to develop market entry strategies and then pursuing new opportunities for growth in those rapidly expanding and evolving markets. As a leader of your team, you will be relied upon to guide critical decision at the market level to determine broader strategy initiatives. You will use your analytic and problem solving skills to develop persuasive value propositions for prospective clients and sound economic fundamentals for investors. Working collaboratively with a team of development, engineering, legal and project finance professionals, you will skillfully influence the decision makers of our current and future clients in conjunction with the Sales organization's initiatives. The Sales Director sits at the nexus of the Sales organization by skillfully pulling the efforts of the team while still bringing industry-leading individual direct sales experience to the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead select team of Sales Managers in defined market region(s)
Own a market vertical and target
Manage individual and team efforts to meet and exceed that target
- Leverage deep industry knowledge to quickly assess economic viability of project proposals and propose ways to increase project revenue streams or reduce costs
- Lead interactions with Finance, Development, Engineering, Legal and Management to help efficiently advance market initiatives
- Track and evaluate emerging regulatory rulings and assess potential for market creation
- Own the tracking, accountability and forecasting of your regions sales pipeline
- Lead contract negotiations through Power Purchase Agreement, Lease or other relevant project documentation on direct origination efforts.
- Keep sales moving at high velocity while continually looking for opportunistic or strategic opportunities for the company to refine or perfect it's approach.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country's most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of direct sales experience with a proven history of exceeding sales targets
- 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written
- Demonstrated record of leadership in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client-specific
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though the Sales Department believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
Northeast region; office in NY but work from home available; should be own the road with clients
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; education assistance; generous Paid Time Off; 401(k).
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.