To promote and manage sales and business development of the clients product lines, especially metering and its related equipment for use within the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry, within the identified territories. Identifying projects and maintaining a sufficient pipeline to obtain suitable enquiries and converting them into profitable orders to meet the requirements of the Business Plan.
This will be achieved by strong client and sub supplier interactions and relationships, close interaction with the proposals team and other key interfaces. This should include the identification and development of new business whilst strengthening our relationships with existing customers to ensure long term sustainability and growth of sales and margin.
Primary territories include:
UK & North Sea, Europe, America, Caspian and Africa. Other countries as determined from time to time in the Business Plan.
- To formulate, continuously develop and implement a sales tactical plan to meet the business plan strategy and objectives.
- Ensure the Sales team plans and execute visits to all key customers in the territory on an annual basis to make company presentations, follow up project leads and generate new enquiries.
- To establish relationships and obtain data and information providing a competitive edge.
- To provide monthly, 90-day and FY forecasts to management.
- To manage, support and train appointed representatives on metering.
- To manage and provide monthly visit schedules to management.
- Submit detailed sales visit report (normally within 3 days of visit)
- To attend Bid Clarification Meetings when required.
- To attend Group Sales and Marketing Meetings when required.
- In liaison with the Group Commercial Manager and the Proposals team, assist in the production of valid technical and commercial proposals with acceptable contractual terms and conditions.
- To find, review and recommend local agents and representatives to aid and support the client within the agreed territories.
- In conjunction with the Sales & Proposals Department input to the sales status report for presentation at the monthly management meeting.
- Contribute to keeping the ASL group sales register up to date with all contacts and project data
Excellent communication skills at all levels, including internal and external communication.
A strategic approach to sales and wider business issues and the ability to work as part of a Management team.
Excellent negotiation skills and a good knowledge of contract law particularly contract formation and typical terms and conditions.
Strong technical knowledge on all aspects of fiscal metering associated with the oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
In depth knowledge of the international metering standards
Extensive experience of customer facing technical selling experience which is directly related to oil, gas and petrochemical industry fiscal metering packages
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office