Sales Manager - Pumps - Malaysia
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118417
Location: Malaysia, KL
Sector: Engineering & Construction, Mining
Salary: US$2000 - US$3000 per month + benefits
Date posted: 22/12/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Areas of Responsibility
* Develop and implement spares sales and strategies to reach key and potential customers.
* Mine and uncover pump spares business and opportunities from existing and new installed bases.
* Assist in developing pump capital equipment for both local and global projects involving Asian based consultants, EPCs and etc.
* Take lead and manage all project sales activities of designated industries. Responsible for Sales (Project and MRO) pursuit and Business Development via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing solutions / services and products.
* Provides sales forecasting for assigned customer base and sets performance goals accordingly.
* Reach assigned financial and other targets with focus to grow the businesses according to set targets and measurements.
* Develops and implements sales objectives and action plans in line with the region's strategic plans.
* Uphold customer satisfactions by providing consultative sales solutions process to prospects including but not limited to providing advises to customers on types of equipment to purchase, considering such factors as costs, space availability and intended use.
* Responsible for commercial and technical negotiations. Propose effective changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services that would result in cost reductions or improvement in customers' overall operations.
* Provide variable sales channel management of designated area.
* Responsible for monitoring and evaluating customer information, forecasts, reports, activities and competition.
* Co-ordinates product training & technical seminars to clients, dealers and internal salespeople
* Resolves customer complaints regarding equipment, supplies and services by assisting with product and applications training.
* Active team work engagement by working effectively together with other sales, service and product related units in the company.
* Monitors sales by customer against target and initiates corrective actions as required.
* Analyses and controls expenditures of assigned area to conform to budgetary requirements.
* Prepares and delivers presentations to major clients for seminars, both in-house and outside. Communicates with client base on product development & market innovations.
* Delivers quotations, estimates on improved profitability from client's uses of proposed equipment or services.
* Develops sales opportunities in the assigned territory in conjunction with area management. Main target markets would be Asian based consultants & Contractors, who can utilize slurry pumps on their projects.
* Main priorities is to develop new/existing distributors that will stock up spares for aftermarket sales.
* The assigned territory are SEA countries and local distributors, we will provide technical service team for the repairs & services business
Basic requirements of this position
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience in one or several of the following industries: mining comminution, Minerals processing, slurry pumping.
* Analytical skill set, strong presentation skills, ability to interact with any level within an organization
* Ability to self-motivate and multi-task and work independently or within a team
* Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication Skills
* Well-Developed Interpersonal Skills and Professional Demeanor
* Must be experienced in the use of a personal computer including the proficient use of spreadsheets, word processing and have a basic understanding of the use of databases.
* Must possess current motor vehicle license.
* Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time by motor vehicle and commercial flights.
* Spare parts / aftermarket sales business
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321